Dermal Roller – Medical Needling
Dermal Roller/Medical Needling for Skin Rejuvenation
Medical Needling is a ‘low tech’ skin rejuvenation technique that can help improve skin texture, appearance and quality. It is similar to ‘lawnaerating’. The microscopic wounds that bleed and release platelets which contain growth factors, forces our skin to remodel and become healthier. Just as our ‘aerated lawn’ will allow nutrients to readily reach the roots, our skin acts similarly.
What is the Dermal roller used to treat?
- To reduce the appearance of indented acne scars
- To improve scars caused by chicken pox.
- To help relax old scars.
- To diminish the appearance of old surgical scars – the results of Skin Needling with the Dermal Roller are superior to dermabrasion aging skin.
- To smooth wrinkles, lines and folds – suitable alternative for injections with collagen, hyaluronic acid and other types of dermal fillers due to natural synthesis of collagen and elastin.
- Improves skin texture and the appearance of large pores – pore size reduction occurs due to increasing collagen production around the pore (which helps to squeeze the pore tighter) and due to increasing elastin production (which allows stretched pores to revert back to their original size)
How is the treatment administered?
Skin Needling procedures are performed in a very safe and precise manner with the use of single-use sterile Titanium Dermal Roller. The procedure is normally completed within 30-45 minutes. Before the procedure, a topical numbing agent will be applied to the skin to ensure your comfort and a painless experience.
After the skin is numbed, the practitioner gently rolls the Titanium Dermal roller over the client’s skin to puncture the outermost layers of the skin and create minuscule sub-cutaneous injuries. These microscopic wounds stimulate new collagen deposition which may last for up to a year, yet the pores close within less than an hour.