New Years Resolutions…
Every new year we ponder what happened last year and what we wish to accomplish next year. Whether it is ways to improve ourselves physically or mentally, attain a new position at work, improve our home environment, go somewhere new in the world, the list can go on and on.
I write about things done all the time and make endless lists. However, recently I heard about an interesting new way to help us achieve our goals. This can be done by creating a Vision Board.
According to Jack Canfield, author of Chicken Soup for the Soul, “Your brain will work tirelessly to achieve the statements you give your subconscious mind. And when those statements are the affirmations and images of your goals, you are destined to achieve them!”
He says, “Creating a vision board is probably one of the most valuable visualization tools available to you. This powerful tool serves as your image of the future – a tangible representation of where you are going. It represents your dreams, your goals, and your ideal life.”
Below are his instructions on creating and using your vision board: How to create a vision board that depicts the future you wish to create.
- Find pictures that represent or symbolize the experiences, feelings, and possessions you want to attract into your life, and place them in your board.
- Use photographs, magazine cutouts, pictures from the Internet–whatever inspires you. Be creative.
- Include not only pictures, but anything that speaks to you.
- Consider including a picture of yourself in your board. If you do, choose one that was taken in a happy moment.
- You will also want to post your affirmations, inspirational words, quotations, and thoughts here. Choose words and images that inspire you and make you feel good.
- You can use your vision board to depict goals and dreams in all areas of your life, or in just one specific area that you are focusing on.
- Keep it neat, and be selective about what you place in your vision board. It’s a good idea to avoid creating a cluttered or chaotic board… you don’t want to attract chaos into your life.
- Use only the words and images that best represent your purpose, your ideal future, and words that inspire positive emotions in you. There is beauty in simplicity and clarity. Too many images and too much information will be distracting and harder to focus on.
- If you are working on visualizing and creating changes in many areas of your life, then you may want to use more than one vision board. You might use one for your personal goals and another for career and financial goals. You might even want to keep your career vision board at the office or on your desk as a means of inspiration and affirmation.
How to use your vision board.
- Try keeping your vision board on the nightstand next to your bed. Leave it standing in an open position as often as you are comfortable with, and spend time each morning and evening visualizing, affirming, believing,
Final thoughts on using your completed vision board:
- Look at your vision board often and feel the inspiration it provides.
- Hold it in your hands and really internalize the future it represents.
- Read your affirmations and inspirational words aloud.
- See yourself living in that manner.
- Feel yourself in the future you have designed.
- Believe it is already yours.
- Be grateful for the good that is already present in your life.
- Acknowledge any goals you have already achieved.
- Acknowledge the changes you have seen and felt.
- Acknowledge the presence of God in your life.
- Acknowledge the Law of Attraction at work in your life.
- Look at it just before going to bed and first thing upon rising.
Wishing you and your family a wonderful happy, healthy and productive 2016!